Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !! I have a new 55 gallons tanks and i just begin to put some africans cichlids in it. For now, i have a fluval 305 filter and i want to put more filtration because i think a fluval 305 will be not enough. I think that putting a extra power filter should be the easiest and cheapest solution to get the right filtration, so i want to buy a aquaclear 50. Is the mix of a aquaclear 50 and a fluval 305 is the way to go ??

·
Registered
256 Posts
The AC filters are nice. I have 3. Instead of the 50 I would go with the 70. Not much more expensive. If money isn't an issue I would just get the ac 110. You can never have enough filtration. :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks !! I'd like to get the 70 or the 110 but the reason i want to go with the ac 50 is because in my aquarium hood, theres aleready a part that been cut and the 70 and 110 are too big to fit inside that hole.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cut the hole a little bigger for the AC 110! You will be happy you did trust me. I have to AC 110's on my 60 gallon tank and my water is crystal clear. That's 1,000 gph :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a fluval 405 and when I do stock my tank I am planning on getting an Aquaclear 50 to compliment it.

If you're not overstocked the Aquaclear 50 should be plenty with your 305. You only have a 55 gallon.

I plan on having 1 Oscar and 4 Silver Dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts