Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it's ich but not 100% sure. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have 9 mumbai cichlids and a pelco. Just introduced a rainbow and red tail (still very small about 1.5 inches) shark about a week ago. The ciclids are a mix of keni, demasoni and Chindongo saulosi. They are about 2 years old They range in size from 4 inches to 3 inches the pleco is about 8 years old.

Update:

"I've lost some fish over night.

I think the pelco and 3 cichlids have survived so far.

I did a 30% water change today and added a carbon on white sponge filter incase it was the chemical that was the problem.

Any advice going forward?"

The tank is 75 gal with 2 eheim canester filters. Type 2215 and 2213.

I ussualy keep the tank at 80 deg. But at 84 now to hopefully speed up the treatment for ich.

Today's I gave the first dose of kick-ich.

For about 3 days they are not very active and seem pale, And not eating very much. This morning I notice tiny white dots on them. (Hopefully you can see them in the pictures) And in the afternoon the pelco has white flaky stuff coming off of them.

I've had the tank for a few years. Been in the current location/setup for a 8 months.

I use API stress coat to netraulize the water. I do water changes about every 2 weeks

Feed them cichild flakes and pellets. And algee waffers every day

When I did a water change a couple of days ago found a bunch of uneaten food that had white fuzz.

I hope that give enough detail. Would appreciate help identifying what's wrong and how to treat them.
Eye Water Organism Fish Marine biology
Plant Petal Flower Tree Macro photography
Water Organism Underwater Fish Fin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It does look like ich, but it also looks like someone is beating up some of your fish. Heat and salt works for ich, but I would choose that method or the medication, not both. Also up the water changes to weekly and vacuum the substrate to remove any parasites that have came off of the fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does look like ich, but it also looks like someone is beating up some of your fish. Heat and salt works for ich, but I would choose that method or the medication, not both. Also up the water changes to weekly and vacuum the substrate to remove any parasites that have came off of the fish.
I thought about beating the first too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well it’s definitely not Whitspot (Ich) as the spots are different sizes and shapes. It looks more like Epistylis, which isn’t a disease but congregates on the skin to eat bacteria. If it is Epistylis, it’s not a problem but you should maybe treat for a bacterial infection, and keep on top of maintenance.

·
Registered
60x18x24 1700gph argonite crushed mbuna
153 Posts
Plecos sucking slimecoat off of the fish at night probably....peeps get plecos to "clean the tank" but they just end up pooping loads and injuring fish....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts