Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HRP and Rainbows.
There is a guy selling HRP's and rainbows of the orange and standard variety in a group package and I wondered if you all thought they could be housed together successfully? And how big of a tank for say a breeding pair of each to live together? Meaning three pairs.

Also how likely could it be to have these in a planted tank successfully.

Anyone with experience please chime in.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think a pair of HRP and the orange variety rainbows in any 4 foot long tank would work great. I would not put 2 different Rainbow variety's in the same tank just so you know for sure you keep the lines pure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought a package deal like this too from bonsaibilly on aquabid. Unfortunately, he has yet to email me saying they've shipped and I bought them on the 4th :S. Does anyone know how to sex the rainbows?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please let me know what you think about his stock and service when you get them.

I looked at his HRP pics and they look a lot like cons to me with a little blue under the chin. Not the real nice powder blue ones I have seen around. Could just be the pics though so keep me posted please.

I was thinking about the three pairs as the only cichlids in a planted 125g. I would separate the color morphs in different tanks until they paired up to try to keep the colors pure but I'm not really going to be selling any "commercially" so I'm not to worried.

Actually I would probably get better stock if the pairs were mixed as I know they would be unrelated and I believe the orange morph is just a recessive gene of the standard yellow type.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Well IMO his service is not good already since it has been 6 days and the shipper has not even shipped the fish yet or contacted him when they are going to be shipped.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The last email I got from him was that they would be shipped "early next week" and that was on the 4th. Which, was a week ago today. It is now the middle of next week and I have gotten no word. I'm not please so far. A few more days go by and I'm going to be trying to get my money back.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I've decided not to go this route with my tank anyway but please post here and let me know how it turns out anyway. I would like to know if you don't mind. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts