Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks just like my Inca Stonefish except the colors are different (except for the bright blue markings on the face) and the top of the head is more bulgy than mine. This is a beautiful fish though and I would love to know its name thank you!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Very beautiful green terror indeed, but I hope it's not with your Incan stonefish. It's several levels more territorial.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow that dude is poppin'. Awesome looking fish. I have no experience with these but the fin coloration reminds me of a pic of an adult gold saum I have seen. Please keep us posted on his developement.

·
Registered
912 Posts
dwarfpike, have you ever kept Incan Stonefish (I assume we're talking about Tahuantinsuyoa)? Not your typical mouthbrooding Acara, trust me. I would easily believe they could hold their own with most domestically bred GT; they can barely stand each other long enough to breed. One 4" female shared a 125 with several larger CA Cichlids, and ruled the roost.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A very nice looking green terror.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Chromedome52 - Once, though not for very long before I had to move and get rid of them. Maybe they never settled in long enough in my tanks, but from my experience, I would have rated them slightly lower than a blue acara in territorialness towards other cichlids, though slightly higher towards each other. I'd love to retry them someday, since I didn't have enough time to get them to breed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Green Terror it is then, I think I should have mentioned that I do not actually own this fish I simply found the picture and thought it was a gorgeous looking fish. As far as dwarfpike and chromdome's discussion I would agree that my Inca Stonefish are quite territorial towards their own species, they chased one of the members right out of the tank, they seem to get along well with my rainbow cichlids in the same tank. The stonefish did seem to fin-bite for a week or two when I first got the rainbows but now they all seem to get along very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts