Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i currently have a female yellow lab that is about 2.5-3in that i had gotten for free because it was getting beat (little to no tail...), and i know for a fact that is a female because it has held eggs before (only for a week or so as i have had no male). Anyway i have been on the lookout for some labs and found someone from a local forum that is selling 4in males and i am just wondering if it would be alright or if i should add the male now or wait until i find more females.

Any and all help is great!
Thanks, pumh

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Wait until you can have 3-4 females for the male unless you can keep the fish separated and get more females later. Especially if she has been a victim fish in the past.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Note that you don't have to look for a male that is larger than your female, and you don't have to only buy from sources that know for sure the sexes of the labs. If you bought 4 or 5 more 1.5" or bigger it should work out pretty well, if monitored.

Just trying to figure out why it sounds like your having trouble finding yellow labs :-?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.