Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just bought 6 Aulonocara stuartgranti (Ngara) juveniles and would like to see some pics of what they look like both males and females. Also any information that the profile did not provide would be great. Iam feeding them NLS and Brine shrimp is this good? I have raised many cichlids before but have never seriously kept peacocks, when do they start coloring up?

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
One male should start slowly coloring up now, if they are kept alone. The dominant male colors up, takes a month or so for nice color. Females stay the same, maybe get a little more brown as juveniles might be a bit lighter.

This pic below is supposed to be a wild caught male. Some tank raised lines are deeper orange to almost reddish.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ours isn't the greatest speciment but here's Gary at about 3.5". He's in a 110 gal. hap/peacock tank and is by no means the dominant fish in the tank.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I raised mine from a juvie (about an 1.5") and I think it took him about a 4-6 months to reach his full potential, obviously with the red peaking the last month or so. He was kept in a small grow-out tank but now he's in an 150 gal. community tank with peacocks and haps. As you can see, he's no where near dominant but he's still colorful. -Actually, all the fish pictured are sub-dominant males in the tank. As far as temperament is concerned, he pretty much keeps to himself.

I feed all my peacocks NLS and Spirulina Flake and they do great on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts