Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am starting a 120 GAL tank and want to put 3 or 4 oscars in from little babys. there will b lots of rocks and plants and i was also going to put in a orange spotted pleck and another plecko and also a marbled catfish and a eel is this ok to do???

·
Registered
369 Posts
3 - 4 Oscars short term will be fine but I can pretty much promise within the 1st year you will be down to 1 or maybe (if u r really lucky) 2 oscars.

I have little comment on the others except for the eel. I've tried many times but the oscars always seem to think it's just a worm and eel looses.

just my thoughts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack u'r thread but I thought i'd mention that you talked me into trying another eel. One of the fishstores I frequent has Fire Eels on sale starting tomorrow. They claim they are Large so I'll go and take a look. If they are in the 10" range then one will definitely come home with me. The reason i'm mentioning this in this thread is because i didn't mention the "other" common issue with eels. The are very curious and WILL try and get out of the tank. In preporation for this I bought some egg crate tonight and built some "Eel Stopper" for my HOB filters. My Hood is pretty heavy so I couldn't get a really great picture but thought i'd attach one anyhow.

If you do plan on an eel make sure it's big and make sure your tank is well sealed :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts