Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about mixing cichlids, I have a 55 gallon with mostly lake victorian cichlids including Zebra Obliquidens 1m 4fms, Kyoga Flameback 1m, Ruby green 1m, and two Sunshine Peacocks m & f. Although I feel my tank is stocked to max with the cleaning crew of 2 petracolo cats and 1 clown loach my girlfriend has feel in love with frontosas. As I would never put one in this tank what about the much smaller Neolamprologus tretocephalus or 5-bar tret cichlid? I read they are very aggressive. My zebras are very fast movers as are the flameback and rubygreen but the peacocks are pretty calm and stay in the same spots. Would it be ok to put a juvie 5-bar in the tank and see what happens :roll: my fish are all about 3 to 4 in. with the Kyoga Flameback being the most aggressive. My goal is to keep the aggression down in this tank as it is really none now. thanks to all

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Mostly worried about my peacocks so feel a little better but like you said much bigger tank.

Does anyone have any awful experinces with the 5-bar cichlid they'd like to share?

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
I had a tret in my hap/peacock tank and I took him out. He did not harm anyone, but he hid all the time and did not color up very well. Just looked uncomfortable hovering in place and watching the rest of the fish suspiciously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts