Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gusy, I am a newbie to the freshwater cichlid world, and I have a question. I have a 40B with 8 Geophagus Tapajos sizing between 2-2.5inches. I was wondering if I could toss in a male C. Sajica about 3inches and his mate (female about 1.5-2inches). Can these two types of fish live together peacefully? Thanks...Any advice would be helpful. The 40B is temporary for about 6 months until I move them into a 125g. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have a 50 gallon with 2 Sajica and 4 Geo. altifrons in it without any problems. They pretty much ignore each other. My Geo's even spawn frequently. I keep a lot of plants in the back of the tank protected by rocks and an open area in the front for the Geo's to sift. The Sajica stay near the back and the Geo's stay near the front. I also had some Black Phantom tetras and now I traded them for Brilliant Rasboras as dither fish.

Andy

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I would give the 8 Geos all the room they could get. A 40 gallon breeder is only 36" long I believe and a breeding pair of sajicas can easily take over more then half of the tank to themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.