Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys my girlfriend has been battling ON HOW to get rid of itch (ICK OR WHITE SPOT), she´s been using Aquarisol but as soon as shes ends the treatment, the parasites are back on the fish.

Aquarium:
- 80l tank

FISH:
  • 3 blue ramirezi
  • 4 corys
  • Tetras
  • Khuli loaches

Filtration:
- Aquaclear 30

MEDICATIONS:
- Aquarisol raising temp to 29° for 10 days and waterchange withouth carbon. Then ICK (WHITE SPOT) came back after 10 days of treatment.

She bought SEACHEM PARAGUARD, but we´re not so sure how to use it, it says 1 capful for 40l it means i need 2 for 80l every day, but what about keepong the light on or not? What about waterchanges. Please help i feel really sorry for her and we do not know what to do, shes really sad please guys anyone could help me with SEACHEM PARAGUARD.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
As follows,
-
Or, for a bit more on this:

Reactions: pakach61

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As follows,
-
Or, for a bit more on this:
And whats about seachem paraguard and water changes and temperature

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Hope that helps.
Not a big fan of Paraguard or other medications. Most people (like your GF) have problems with it, by not continuing the treatment process long enough.

Reactions: pakach61

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi - for what it is worth, I just battled Ick for the first time in the hobby for decades. The whole tank (10 fish in a 75g) got it. I don't think I caught it in time as it was really bad when I started the medication (seachem paraguard). I lost 3 fish the 2nd day of dosing and now (i think it has been 14 days later) the 7 remaining fish have no signs and look healthy. I am still monitoring them however they appear good. With that said as others mentioned meds are not always the best option, I think i have been lucky not dealing with issues like this over the years that my mind went right to meds, but after reading alot it seems heat/salt may be more effective. TO each their own as it seems there are multiple options to combat it. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts