Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon flat back hexagon tank measuring 48 x 15 x 24 that I would like to use as a Tang tank. It has the under tank overflow filtration system on it. I know I want Alto calvus and I am wondering what else I should put in. I have a 20 gallon full of multies and I could put a few of those in but I also wouldn't mind a change. Could I do any types of cyps in this size tank? If the flat back hexagon tank won't work well due to the odd shape I also have a 55 gallon standard that I could use rather than the 75 hexagon. Any advice on numbers and stocking for the calvus and tankmates including types of cyps would be helpful. Any input on if one aquarium would be more appropriate than the other would help too. Thanks.

Karen

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
So the tank is 48" long? No problem adding in the regular Cyprichromis leptosoma, just don't add in any of the "Jumbos". Other good tank mates could include small Julidochromis, or some shllies of pretty much any type you like. You could do some Neolamprologus, there are many that would work... pick some out... Chalinochromis, Telmatochromis (vittatus/bifrenatus/vittatus) or you could go with Paracyprichromis nigripinnis and a pair of brevis.

Lot's of possibilities, what would you like?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Just wanted some idea if that size tank would be okay. The tank is strange in that it is 48 inches long but the sides are slanted in a bit which is why I was worried. Could I also put those in a 55 gallon tank as long as it was 48 inches long? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts