Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of our CA/SA (excluding our Polleni) tank so far.We don't have photos of every fish in the tank yet, but these are the ones that turned out half decent enough to post on here. We will try and get some pics of our Green Texas, Rio Branco, Convicts and Chocolate Cichlid asap. I posted some of our breeding pair of Green Texas in an earlier post, so I have left those out of this post. Any thoughts are welcome. I will attach them as thumbnails, so the page isnt massive...

Whole Tank View:

Closer view of one end:

Geophagus Brasiliensis:

Blue Sifter (Robertsoni):

Red-Headed Tapajos:

Firemouth Pair:

Polleni (Madagascar):

Green Terror Pair:

Green Terror:

Red Terror:

Jack Dempsey:

Geophagus Steindachneri:

Geophagus sp. Rio Branco:

Leopard pleco:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Love the Geophagus Steindachneri just picked up a small one this weekend, he already has a shade of red on his forehead and the beginnings of a hump at about 1.75" so hoping he is going to turn out nice. How does yours get along with the other Eartheater in the tank?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. He actually gets along quite well with the others. As usual, the first few days were a bit tense, but not necessarily tension with the other eartheaters. He has fit in quite well. The Tapajos and the Rio Branco are quite placid and keep to themselves a lot, and the big Brasiliensis isn't bothered by any of them due to being a little larger. I am also looking forward to having a fully grown Steindachneri in the tank!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great collection of Fish.

I have a similar selection, gotta love 'em.

Beware The Red Terror, hope you have better luck keeping other cichlids with them, I had to move all mine into various tanks within days of her turning, at not much older than yours looks.
My female Festae now shares her 5 foot tank with a school of Silver Dollars and a Pleco, and her 'mate' has his own solo tank also. They are both excellent fish, personality plus, mine are just killers though.

Nice, healthy looking fish and nice work on the tank aquascaping.
Thanks for sharing

cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. Hopefully, we can maintain peace for a little longer in the tank. The Red Terror isn't too agressive towards most of the others, but it definitely holds it's own against the bigger fish. At this point its probably only about 8 cm long, so a long way to grow yet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, very nice selection. I scrolled through you photos on photobucket. That last photo of fry is kinda cool too. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, always nice to hear feedback, especially when it's positive!

Jegrego, we have only had our tank running for 3 months so far, and it is our first tank so we are still gaining experience and relatively new. JD's have a lot of personality from what we have observed, as well as some awesome colour and a big appetite. Our's isn't afraid of much else in the tank and holds his own well. Doesn't get along particularly well with the Polleni in the tank, but it's not homicidal in any manner, just a bit of differing personalities!! The JD gets along as well as any fish would in a tank with our stock. Highly recommended fish, very enjoyable to watch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Alot of people have told me that JD's and Green Terrors are a recipe for disaster but i dunno. I only have a 55gal tank so im limited, but im thinking of Hooking up my JD with a girlfriend and see it nature takes its course.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alot of people have told me that JD's and Green Terrors are a recipe for disaster
We have had almost no problems between GT's and JD at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts