Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend and good books for CA cichlids? I'd like a general one and also books specific to cryptoheros myrnae and also Hypsophrys nicaraguensis.

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Unfortunately..... not much is published and readily available on Central American Cichlid species.
But, you may be able to do an author search on Wayne Leibel, and see what comes up. Unfortunately deceased now, he was a fairly prolific writer - and probably forgot more about New Cichlids than I will ever learn. :)
Otherwise, there are some pretty interesting back articles in Tropical Fish Hobbyist you may be able to source out. Really neat stuff written by Jeff Rapps, Mo Devlin or other folks, that cover down in pretty good detail about many unique CA species or possibly the specifics about a locality region where they originate from.
And also, the subscription-only site 'Cichlid Room Companion' that is run and maintained by the ACA, has some interesting articles and Cichlid species information in it.

https://cichlid.org/?page_id=134

It's kinda sad actually, that we are still figuring out the same aquarium-keeping lessons on a lot of these Central American Cichlid species. Just re-learning the same stuff over and over again, because very little of it has been published. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personnally own 2 cichlid books. They're old books but with nice info on a LOT of cichlids. Got them on amazon for less than 10 bucks and i was not disappointed at all!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts