Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 3 of the C360 canisters and consider them to be the best value out there for a mid-sized canister filter. I have, however had multiple floods due to the failure of the detachable valve block on the tops of the filters. People have been talking about this problem in the reviews section too and consequently been giving the filter bad reviews.

I implore anybody that owns a C-series filter to call Marineland. They have a redesigned version of the valve block that they will send you free of charge if you have one of the units with the faulty part. Before you call, write down the serial number of the unit in question because they will need to look up your filter and see if it was made in one of the defective lots. The number is located on the underside of one of the black flip-up levers on the side - not the buckle style ones, but the flip levers that pry the top off. Then call them at 1-800-322-1266; they are open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. They were very friendly and helpful; they just want their customers to be satisfied.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
247 Posts
hollyfish2000 said:
quick question -- I have the C-360 and C-220 and both have been operating for more than a year with no issues. Can I assume that I'm OK?
If they are going to send you free parts what you got to lose do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just called Marineland to see if I had one of the defective Valve Blocks. Turns out I don't have one of the defective models but the lady on the phone asked me if I wanted the new part just to give me a "Piece of mind" for no charge. So they are sending me the new one. I guess the models that are having the problems are the 03C28 and the 03C29 models are the ones with the fualty valve block. I have the 03C30 and am still getting a new part. Once again great customer service from Marineland even when I didnt have a problem. Will now and forever deal with them for my filter needs!

Thanks Cich of it all for the heads up on this!

·
Registered
42 Posts
bourgoine said:
4Runner, How did you get them to send you a new motor head? Did you need a new one and if you did where was the defective part?
Just gave the s/n and the lady said that they were replacing it also as there were problems with the early models or something. So im getting a new one with the valve block. A friend I sold my spare 360 to also called and is getting the same deal. Know 2 others on different fourms that are also getting a new motor head and valve block. Nothing is wrong with it or the valve block and I told her so but she was more then willing to send it to make sure that I was happy with their product. I have dealt with them before for parts before anyone was carrying any. Got a intake tube next day aired for free. I was trying to buy one and they just gave it to me. They have always giving the best customer service for any filter that I have every dealt with. Seems to be the same even a year and half later also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For those of you who have had floods... where does it look like it is leaking from? Looks like mine is leaking from underneath one of the handles, which would make me think that it is the large o-ring that is having the problem...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shoebag22 said:
For those of you who have had floods... where does it look like it is leaking from? Looks like mine is leaking from underneath one of the handles, which would make me think that it is the large o-ring that is having the problem...
When the valve block leaks, the water trickles into the motor housing through a hole inside the pocket where the valve block sits. (There is no risk of electrical hazard as the motor and wiring are completely sealed in a resin casing, much like a power head.) The water pools up inside the motor housing and fills up the areas between the plastic support ribs. Once the water goes above the ribs, it will begin to leak out where the grey plastic meets the black plastic around the outside of the motor head. It will look just like the water is coming from the large o-ring that seals the motor head to the bucket. I’d be willing to bet you have a leaking valve block. If you disconnect the filter and give the whole canister a shake from side to side, you’ll hear the water sloshing around inside the motor head.

·
Registered
60 Posts
4Runner said:
Just gave the s/n and the lady said that they were replacing it also as there were problems with the early models or something. So im getting a new one with the valve block. A friend I sold my spare 360 to also called and is getting the same deal. Know 2 others on different fourms that are also getting a new motor head and valve block. Nothing is wrong with it or the valve block and I told her so but she was more then willing to send it to make sure that I was happy with their product. I have dealt with them before for parts before anyone was carrying any. Got a intake tube next day aired for free. I was trying to buy one and they just gave it to me. They have always giving the best customer service for any filter that I have every dealt with. Seems to be the same even a year and half later also.
I just figured out who you are, 4Runner. :lol:

I think I'm the "friend" described above, and I'm ridiculously pleased with the customer service I got when I called Marineland. Very friendly, very interested in making sure I was happy with their product, and they're shipping me a new motor head right away.

Thanks, Cich, for posting this originally to bring it to everybody's attention. :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
scrivz said:
I just figured out who you are, 4Runner. :lol:

I think I'm the "friend" described above, and I'm ridiculously pleased with the customer service I got when I called Marineland. Very friendly, very interested in making sure I was happy with their product, and they're shipping me a new motor head right away.

Thanks, Cich, for posting this originally to bring it to everybody's attention. :thumb:
Yep that would be me :D

And yes I to should say thank you to Cich for this thread also. Love new parts :dancing:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cich of it all said:
WOW.
I was only expecting new valve blocks and check out what they sent, free of charge:

Brand new motor heads, including valve blocks, impellers and extra o-rings! =D> =D> =D>
Yeeeeehhhhh Marineland!!! :D :D :D :D
Cool. Mine get here tomorrow :D Thanks again for the thread on this =D>

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.