Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have tried to manipulate where the Foai males build their nest and they ignored me. I would also seriously reconsider jumbo cyps. I'm sure there are people out there that keep them together but, in my particular case it didn't work out. After two years of patiently waiting for my males to show a hint of colour, I finally removed the cyps and replaced them with cyp. micros. Within two days the males were in full colour and building huge bowers. If your looking for some nice, expensive cyps to go with your nice expensive Foai, I would suggest cyp. micros or cyp. pavo. Also, I totaly agree on two males per tank only, I tried to keep three males in a six foot 220g and all three males ended up with their lips ripped off. The Moliro Foai is a nice looking, dark type, but I have seen pics where they look very blue, and others where they look dark green. I would also advise buying adults as they take so long to grow out and colour up (plus that way you don't end up with kigoma furcifers when you paid for karilani coppers). :?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.