Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 am Post subject: C. Foai and some type of small shell dweller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone ever try C. Foai with shellies? 135 G. tank 72 long 18 wide. Or should I just set up a 40 for the shellies. I have some C. Foai coming in. 1 large male 4 large females and 5 smaller Foai 2 inches. I'm thinking of having one half of the tank just sand for the large male Foai. In the middle of the tank some tall sturdy rocks with about 6 inches of sand within it. (A shelf look with shells in the sand and shells elevated and placed in the smaller rocks for some compresseps). On the other (smaller) side, more sand for the smaller C. foai. At the end another smaller group of tall rocks dividing a smaller sandy erea with sand and shells. I could go with Calvis and Cyp's if this won't work. I've kept pretty much every type of cichlid exept for the little shell guys. ................And I have a side question. My water comes out of the tap at 8.0-8.2......I know your happy for me....lol. But has anyone ever kept Buffalo heads in this high of a ph? It's been 20 years since I had them. I remember them being good with a wide range of ph.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You can try shellies, but I would stay away from the more aggressive occies. I think it won't work long term so if you already have a empty 40B use that, you will love watching them when there are no distraction like the Foai with them. I would go with the Alto's. Every type of furcifer or foai I have ever owned has lived with altos.

Not sure on the B heads :-?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the info. I've had a few groups of C. Furcifer/foai. (I have some now). Never tried Shellies and only one or 2 Alto's. After what you said and reading the Shellie corner I may put a group in the 40. Either shellies or BH"s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts