Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from vacation and I seen my bumblebee is staying in a corner and laying on the bottom. I thought maybe he was acting that way because he had been in the dark for awhile. I did have friends coming over taking care of them so he was not in the dark the whole time I was gone. Anyways when I first seen him it looked like there was this ring around the pupil part of this eye, I thought it was just some night vision thing from being in the dark. When I turned on the light it made they eye look hollow and it looks like there is white on the inside. I thought maybe it was fungus but it does not look like any eye fungus I have seen before because it looks like its on the inside. It almost seems like he is blind. I just fed them to and he never went up to the surface, just went crazy on the bottom sifting through the sand. I was only gone for 10 days and I did have another fish die in the tank. While I was gone too. The bumblebee and the fish that died I got from my friends who have almost a brakish tank. I have had both fish for about a month in my tank. The PH is about perfect. I donno if the transition had anything to do with it....my other cichlids are fine... I guess I just want to know your thoughts on all that and if you think my bumblebee is blind. Sorry i wrote so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics i took. One is just him in the normal light of the tank. The other one shows his eye white. When he gets into brighter light you can see the "hollow" white inside the eye

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.