Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my 6.6. gallon Petco bookshelf aquarium was just collecting dust in my basement, I decided to set it up. I went out and purchased a bookshelf/dresser to place it on, and it's actually right in my bathroom! Tomorrow or Wednesday, I am going to buy a Betta to house in it and that's it; unless I can get my gravel vac working and siphon my 2 week old convict fry out and place them in as a snack for the betta. I was in the LFS and felt bad for the little guys all cramped up in those little cups.

I already placed filter media from my established tank, as well as used all of it's water to fill the 6.6.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I snapped a few pics of the 6.6 gallon that will be a home to a Siamese Fighting Fish. (I like to say that- it makes them sound tougher. :D )

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just got back from the LFS. I carefully glanced at all the fishtanks, and no deaths! Anyways, I picked out the most energetic Siamese Fighter I could find:

He seems to love all the swimming space he has now. He was actually going in circles in the plastic cup he was in, the rest of the betas were perfectly still; they could’ve been dead, IDK.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Bodenhimer said:
you need to add a couple multifasciatus. Maybe a male 2 females. Livin it up a bit. 8)
+1
You could also slam about 10 female betas in there with no problems. Just have to out the male in his own cup. If you get a tall enough glass you could put it in the tank and put the male in and surround him by females. That would be a good show.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Elijah said:
Well I just got back from the LFS. I carefully glanced at all the fishtanks, and no deaths! Anyways, I picked out the most energetic Siamese Fighter I could find:

He seems to love all the swimming space he has now. He was actually going in circles in the plastic cup he was in, the rest of the betas were perfectly still; they could’ve been dead, IDK.
No deaths because they just did a shift change. They check pretty frequently to remove the dead ones. I'm sure thee were some deaths today in the shop. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts