Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mistakenly broke the top center support on my 55 gal tank. It broke in the center, both ends are still attached to the top frame, but one is partial broken at the top frame. What should I do? Is it fine as is or should I somehow fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
its there for a reason, it helps support the long side of the glass from bowing. could be fine for years and years to come or could fail today.

there was a similar question posted a couple month ago and someone posted where to get a replacement plastic top frame for standard sized tanks. I'd do some searching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I looked a few pages back and I know about the search function but I'm not that good at getting good results. During my lunch I want to a local shop and found that the center support is required and at the same time I also picked up a complete new top frame with a center support. So I guess problem solved.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Cool. For future reference, I've found that googling the site works better than the search function in the site. For example, google "broken top frame site:cichlid-forum.com"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts