Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to remove the top frame of my 75g tank and snapped the frame. I have been trying to find a store to replace it but that search is not going so well. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to replace the brace or where to order one.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Where did it break, the trim or the center brace? I patched up the center brace on a 55g last week with 1/4" acrylic by bonding a strip under the center brace. Never done it before, but the tank is up and running now.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Depending on glass thickness, you may not have to.
Is the deflection great, the bowing?
Resealed my OLD 75 gallon 3yrs ago and never put the top back on. It didn't look very structural from the way the corners were mitered.
No problems since!! :thumb:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the exact same thing. My 75 frame cracked because it was in unheated storage for the winter. Now I am planning on euro-bracing it.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
glasscages.com sells them for $15.00 if you need to replace it...

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
The frame from one brand may not fit another brand as the tanks can have minor differences in size. The bottom frame can be removed and used on the top.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
The frame from one brand may not fit another brand as the tanks can have minor differences in size. The bottom frame can be removed and used on the top.
It was assumed that he/she would verify the measurements prior to ordering it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts