Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to post somewhere. just looked in the tank and spotted a good 10-20 babies swimming around. havent even gotten my brine shrimp in stock yet so ill have to chok this up to hikari discus formula :) ya i know its not reccomended but its got everything protein wise they need with some ruffage and enough color enhancers to help bring out some of their masking and yellows.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o same. *** got some lying around that i just fed em with. im just hyped that the discus formula has shown promise as a breeder food. got quite a little haul of babies atm.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on the little ones. I need to pick some of that discus food up myself. I have read somewhere on here it brings the colors out. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Congrats! Mine just spawned for the first time too. I found about 20 free swimmers last Wednesday or so. I was able to find frozen baby brine shrimp, but I've got the real ones ready to go when I need to. Pretty exciting isn't it?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
always is. im still excited nonetheless. been awhile since *** had tangs let alone breeding tangs! :) my BBS is in the mail still... stupid fedex

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o snaps when it rains it pours. i thought my group had dwindled in number.. but it seems both the females spawned simultaneously! got anywhere from 20-40 offspring rearing atm. and man do my tangs dig the live baby brine shrimp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just spotted 3 babies a few moments ago. First time for my Brichardi also, well as far as I know at least. Should I quarantine them or let the cycle do its thing? I just fired up my brine shrimp hatchery.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
leave em be. let nature do its thing. i just toss brine shrimp in where they are gonna be pushed down towards the babies. BBS and hikari first bites for direct feeding. so far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.