Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up a neolamprologus brichardi colony with two existing brichardis I have in a 29 gallon tank. Since that tank also houses a 6 inch labeotropheus fuelleborni and I do not want more than one tank running at a time. If I put the two brichardi with a few new brichardi that will cause them to breed with the labeo will the labeo survive. In the 29 gallon tank they always got along. The new tank is a 50 gallon breeder tank with lace rock, and anubias and vallisneria species.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so there is no chance of keeping the labeo alive even with its larger size and large aggression?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
It isn't without precedent that the L. fuelleborni will come out on top here, particularly given the size. Either way, there will be a fight, and a loser. Either tank really is too small to properly house fuelleborni anyway.

If it was me, I'd keep the brichardi in the 29 gallon, as anything more could be a bit of a waste, and do a smaller species mbuna tank in the 50 gallon breeder.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have my eye on demasoni species, yellow labs, and my labeo to put in the 50 gallon breeder. What is another fairly small mbuna that would do well in this group.

By the way I would have 12 demasoni, 1 labeo(the one I already Have) and any number of labs ranging from 2-6 depending on what other species of mbuna could go in the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts