Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of getting a pair for my 15 gallon tank. alot of people have a hard time finding these fish. I luckly have a really big fish store near my house.
they're asking 11.99$ per juvenile, is that a decent price? or should i look else were? Kinda sucks they're juvs need a male and female lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if i buy them as juveniles, for a 15 gallon tank, should i buy more than 2? since i'm not going to be able to tell the gender should i buy more than 2?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
That's probably typical retail, but I'd have a hard time paying that much. No local fish club? They should be pretty common. And, yes, I'd get more than two. Four would give you decent odds. $45 is more than I'd want to pay for four brevis. They're very easy to breed and will give you dozens of fry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i just recently got into the fish hobby, so none that i know of.How could i find a fish club? internet i guess. but yeah seems pretty high, but i've been looking online and a lot people say they can't even find them...so i guess ill look around more, worst comes to worst ill prolly get them from there.
Id order them online but the shipping is like 40 bucks alone lol, *** been looking for a couple days now for multi or brevis, and all *** found are the 12 dollar brevis, no place has multis

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a great lfs off exit100 gap they have them 9.99 buy one get one half price w almost 100 tanks of Africans all bogo.I saw u live in NY might b close enough either way when u come down south u should check it out great store! Called tropiquarium

1 - 7 of 7 Posts