Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

fighting over shell

enjoying taking pictures of these little guys but seems like every time i put the camera away they really start to show off to each other

these are brevis/minutus either a variant of brevis or another species that acts like brevis guess they have not decided what to call them yet

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anyone has kept these to adulthood in the aquarium. Do they stay smaller in the aquarium, or grow to the same size as regular brevis?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fellow hobbyist i got these from breed them. he said he got his originals in 2008 from a dealer and he has not seen them since. but from what he told me that his are about the same size as other brevis he has kept assuming there the original pair there about 3yrs old, there suppose to stay smaller. guess we will find out haha these are still pretty young

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
me to, the two days i've had them i have seen some interesting color changes already. esp when an intruder pokes his head into an occupied shell

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cool !! , I guess we'll have to wait and see how big they get. I have Brevis Katabe, and the females seem to have maxed out at just over an inch, the males are somewhat bigger, now at about 2", maybe still growing.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prob a in a few months fed them for the first time last night and they went nuts first time i seen all 8 out at once haha decided to do the first water change today along with my 75g hoping they arnt as sensitive as my multis are for some reason :thumb:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you wish i had a better camera so i could zoom in little closer but one i have seems to be working out ok

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice lighting in those pics!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
need a new tank has alot scratches from whatever my brother kept in it before,turtle and lizard think, so sometimes it focus on the bad ones :roll: would of had good pictures if it wasnt for them

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gorgeous fish you have there.

What kind of shells are those? I'm looking to get some for my tank.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Minutus...kind of not sure its either a type of Brevis or its own species from what i know they have not decided what to call it yet

·
Registered
116 Posts
lol thanks for the info. I grabbed some escargot shells this morning, the fish like them and it's nice that they're light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts