Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a Fair amount to ask for a breeding pair of jags that im trying to sell? i got them a while ago there about 7 and 9 inch long there fins are a little tattered from a convict tankmate that got territoryal . but they put out a batch of fry regularly every 5 and a half weeks but due to a personal situation i need to sell alot of my breeding groups of jack dempseys and all of my convicts I just dont know wat to ask that is fair.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well you cant really ship them this time of year.

Are there any Cichlid clubs in your area? You are probably not in the most populated area, so finding any buyer near you may be difficult.

They need a 6 foot tank too. To be honest, if you find them a good home, take an offer from the person. You may have to practically give them away.

Good luck...Bill

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There is a lot to consider when trying to price them. Body structure, fins, color, etc. Bottom line what do you feel is fair. Also if you really need to get rid of them and can place them with a person that can give them the care you gave or better or might have to sacrifce a few dollars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The person who buys them will also need a very big tank. You could get lucky and sell them
fairly quickly but personally I think you will struggle to get a decent price for them.
Maybe your LFS will take them for credit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts