Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I saw my first four baby multies hanging around a shell. This morning I was only able to see one, but that's ok. Just seeing a few swimming around for even a short bit of time was cool. So here's the question, is there anything different I need to do in order to help them survive? Do I need to do anything different than normal?

I feed my tank NLS pellet food and flake food. I crushed the flake food and put it in the tank close to their shell hoping it would help them out.

29 gallon tank with 11 multies ranging from juvie to adult, and then at least 1 newborn

·
Registered
95 Posts
As long as you put crushed food into the water, they seem to do a good job finding it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
if you want to up mortality rate. Hatch your own Brine shrimp a couple times a week. For sure you fish with breed more and more babies will live. 8)

·
Registered
656 Posts
It also wouldn't hurt to add some hikari first bites to the water for the first few weeks until they can accept larger bits of food. Just add a tiny tiny bit, If you add to much it can start to effect water quality because bigger fish don't eat it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I never did anything special. In fact by time I realized I had fry they were free swimming, out & about far away from shells. After they had bred and I watched more closely, the female would grab a flake and chew it up and spit it out in the mouth of the shell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts