Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesn ne one have any info on breeding them...there isnt much info on the net about it... im just looking for what they like to get them to breed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read it... it didnt give much kinda the same as other cichlids i just wasnt sure if they liked certian rocks or what ever maybe they will just do it in time

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
They aren't the most aggressive cichlid. Tell us about what you are keeping them with, and the aquarium size and dimensions. How big are your fish now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are in a 220 with... a borleyi, milomo, fryeri, blue dolphin, yellow labs, rubecent, lemon jake...i duno there are others in there

they are about 7 or 8 inches...

i kno it takes time i had fish that took me almost 2 years to breed just was trying to get them the things they liked

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
The females are 7"? Or the males? If the females are that large they should be mature.

Is the male dominant, or does he get pushed around? If he is dominant, they will spawn. If the other fish in the tank are more aggressive, and are pushing him around, chances are they will never spawn for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts