Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a second brand new Ehiem pro 600 canister for Christmas. I noticed a faint clicking noise audible from outside the cabinet right away and is driving me crazy. It is amplified by the hollow cabinet. I have disassembled, rinsed, inspected and reassembled several times and still hear the sound. Everything seems to be seated correctly. I am familiar with impeller rattle, this is not the same noise. Just a faint clicking as if a pebble were being tossed about inside.

I researched online only see impeller and leaking issues. After a very long hold time for Ehiem Customer Service, they said it would have to either be air bubbles trapped inside or the red float valve not seated making the noise. I shook gently to release any air bubbles. I also unplugged, made sure the valve is seated properly several times. Still makes the noise. I have an identical filter on the same tank I have had for over a year with no issues.

Since I have been made aware of the red float valve, I feel it is more than likely the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what to do about it? Should I return it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been using Eheims for many years and found them to be nearly silent. If you got the rare exception and your retailer will exchange it then that's the route to go in my view.

Regards,
Stu

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Eheim makes a great filter and I think the best filter on the market, but they don't make a perfect filter. Consider replacing the red float valve. That part could have cam defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts