Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would upload some pics of a canopy i made for my brother in law's 36 gallon bowfront. Getting the angles in the front was a pain. It has since been stained.

·
Registered
677 Posts
very nicely built...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Those are not easy to make. Looks awesome. I have a 55 bowfront with no canopy. Just a plexiglass piece thats not cut to fit to put the light over top. Looks terrible.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Chunkanese said:
Those are not easy to make. Looks awesome. I have a 55 bowfront with no canopy. Just a plexiglass piece thats not cut to fit to put the light over top. Looks terrible.
That's how my 26g bowfront is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, It took forever finding the angles so that the 2 middle points would match up at the front where the curve is divided into 3rds, and for the 2 side boards to match up at the corners.

·
Registered
705 Posts
couldnt you have tried steaming a beam? to fit the angle of the tank itself? seems tricky but maybe a local company could do it on the cheap since its only one board.. just a thought.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh, I thought about that, but the stand for it is the made the same style, 3 boards on the front. So I wanted it to look the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts