Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gorgeous Yellow Lab... I got a 36" bowfront 46gl tank, so will be stocking slowly.. Now, what's next?? :drooling: Tank has lots of caves and hiding places.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well, for starters, how about adding 5 more labs. They should be in a group.

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
Except that it's a 36" tank. So if it's going to be a single species tank, then I agree and might even go to 7 labs. But if 2 species are wanted, I'd do a dozen Demasoni and 3 labs.

The 36" length of the tank is limiting. You can manage a dozen Demasoni because they are dwarf.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
CONGRATS and welcome to Old World Cichlids!
Good 1st choice Yellow Labs get along with just about any other Mbuna. I say take a look at what is available locally and post their names here for compatability with each other and your tank size BEFORE buying you next fish, unless you go with a couple more Yellow Labs that is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The little fellow is doing fine so far, but I will not add any more fish until my tank is fully cycled. Need to bring up nitrates. Using Stability, Lake Malawy buffer, and Cichlid salt..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.