Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, dont really have any questions, i just wanted to vent

i bought 12 small Jag's from a seller on aquabid last week. after waiting on emails, and setting up delivery, they were finally set up to be shipped on monday. didnt show up til today (friday) and suprise suprise. i got a bag of dirty smelly water, with 11 dead fish, and 1 barely alive. i moved the 1 survivor into a recovery tank, and within an hour, he was floating at the top.

hugely disappointed in this.

i live in nj, and the fish came from cali. luckily they had a DOA arrival warrenty so its not a complete loss.

anyone have better stories about ordering online?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the time I placed the bid I could not find any healthy looking small jags by me, so I impulse bid on aqua bid since then i found some nice jags locally

The seller did not offer an overnight shipping and I blindly assumed priority would be ok

His shipping method was awful. 12 in 1 bag. Tiny heat pack. No double bagging and very little water

Hopefully he is true to his word and refunds my money.

Last night I ordered some festae and haitains from Ira on mfk.com. (overnight shipping) from ny to nj. I like my odds better here as he is a respected vendor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Jason I haven't forgotten about the ebjd's. New tank being set up in April for my current fish and then I'll be calling you.

What are the odds of finding a ebjd's breeder whom lives around the corner from me. Haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i reorder fish from a vendor on another forum. great fish showed up, even got a few freebies. much happier this time, everything was fantastic.

i picked up 4 festae's and 2 hatiensis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.