Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I am very sorry for the loss of fish and the bad experience. When I shipped my first box of fish it was a disaster but I learned from my mistake and have been shipping with great results. It is very sad I will say that though. I did a lot better then the person you purchased the Jags from on my first try. I have had excellent results of fish being shipped to me! Unless the person is giving me free fish and ships them on priority I hate priority and stay away from it. To be honest I hate USPS in general and I prefer paying more by using UPS then USPS.

That's not unusual that the box took that long to arrive on priority. USPS doesn't guarantee arrival on the days they advertise. Express is usually 1 day (overnight). Priority is usually 2-3 days but they don't guarantee it and the same with Express. Express can be 1-3 days. Priority can be 2-6 days. Also I have heard of stories of boxes of fish and other shipments getting lost on USPS. UPS is 100% guaranteed. I had two people from Missouri send me fish on priority (I live in central IL. It's about 3-4 hours to get to MO from where I live) and it took 6 DAYS to arrive. The first box of fish arrived alive and well and the person used breather bags. The second box of fish arrived alive but two died shortly after arrival. The person used regular bags. I just stick with UPS. Again I am sorry for the loss! Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.