Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to my LFS for the 50% off sale today!!

I brought home a C. Moori, Deep water Hap, Regal Mberji, Aulococara Swallowtail, Venustus, and Red Peacock. :)

Having a hard time getting any red shouler, or anything really red for a mater of fact, since most of my LFS only want to sell the males as pairs with a female. :?

Still on the lookout for a OB peacock, everyone has felmales but no males.

Still hoping I will one day find my prize Phenochilus Tanzania without having to buy online.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice! Got to love sales too :thumb:

Pics or it didn't happen :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
The Chicago area usually has a pretty good selection of cichlids, with a little patience, I'm sure you will come across the fish you're still looking for, sooner or later.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a video of them. I took this only about 15 after I put them in the tank. I think the light on the tank (which I dont really turn on often) is too bright as it makes them look pale in the video. The fish that looks bright yellow is actually orange (dragon blood) Sorry about the quarlity, I took this with my phone.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 7161673128

·
Registered
464 Posts
MandyBlue said:

I brought home a C. Moori, Deep water Hap, Regal Mberji, Aulococara Swallowtail, Venustus, and Red Peacock. :)

Having a hard time getting any red shouler, or anything really red for a mater of fact, since most of my LFS only want to sell the males as pairs with a female. :?

Still hoping I will one day find my prize Phenochilus Tanzania without having to buy online.
This must be Aquarium Adventure :lol: Love their 50% off sales..

·
Registered
464 Posts
MandyBlue said:
Yep sure was! They are having this sale every weekend for the next 4 weeks. :)
Yep, I am going to pickup some of their Blue Rams once my tank is fully settled and perfect water.

Which one do you go to? I go to the one in Hoffman, I must be there at least every other day. :roll:

·
Registered
623 Posts
*** never seen a Phenochilus Tanzania at pet stores, or in person.

Looks really good, was that 4 C. Moori you had on otherside of divider? Might be a while until they get size! im growing out 10 myself. Im going to go pick up another 10 on tuesday since i can grow them out to 4-5 inch and sell them. Theyre my favourite fish.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, I bought a larger one yesterday and he's about 2". The other 4 are in the divider side. I'm hoping to have a male in that mix, but they are very light blue compared to the one I bought from Aquarium Adventure. I'm wondering if I can put them in my planted tank with my other fish until they get a little biger (Angel fish, corry, pristella tertra, cherry barb, cardinal, BP)

·
Registered
623 Posts
ya when theyre small like that, they are very light blue, sometimes silver. I put 5 in my 90 leaving 5 in my 55 grow out, and their color has really darkened up, very blue. Theyre still 2.5 maybe 3 inches, but big enough to not be eaten. How much do they go for in your area? also whats the pricing on P. Tanzania, i myself am interested in this fish.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found a breeder for the Tanzania and will be meeting up with him next month at a GCCA event, He has them at 4" for only $20, so I jumped on it.

The 4 small Moori I bought from a breeder at $3 each, and the larger one at the LFS for 50% off at $5.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Good prices. I will have to track down a breeder. You will have to post pics when you get it. I get my dolphins for same price but they retail for $10 at 2 inch and $25-35 at 4 inch

·
Registered
509 Posts
MandyBlue said:

Those are nice fish. I finally took a drive to the LFS everyone raves about here. They had one loan male OB peacock. He was about 3" and looked great. Shared a tank with a horde of 4" peacocks.

Their selection of african cichlids was pretty good and definitely the best in my area. They had some 1" demasoni for about $6.50 or so.

They also had snow white socofoli. Those almost came home with me. I showed great restraint today :x

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great luck with the OB! I cant find them anywhere except for juvies and females. I did find on at a small LFS, he was 5" but they wanted $50 and I just could not see spending that. His body was also very round in shape, not long like a peacock, so I thought I'd better stay away.

I love the white mumbas. I'm still looking around hoping there is some sort of white peacock out there somewhere. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Actually I didn't buy any fish despite the selection.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts