Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on friday i noticed one of my ice blue ahlis eyes was damaged. figured it was a scratch and he would get better. did W/C . and left him for the weekend (went out of town) today when i got home his other eye is clouded but not as swollen as the first. i dont have a clue? *** researched popeye a little bit but it doesnt sound right? any help ? treatments?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I found this on Fishchannel.com

Several things can cause cloudy eyes in aquarium fish. Internal parasites, such as protozoa or flukes, are one cause. Another is the onset of cataracts in fish. I'm not aware of any treatments for those problems. Bacteria can infect fish eyes damaged by injury. Treatment with a good antibiotic should cure these infections. Dietary deficiencies, such as lack of vitamin A, may contribute to poor fish eye health.

The most common cause of cloudy eyes in aquarium fish seems to be poor water quality, especially when the pH drops too low. In my years as an aquarium dealer, I ran many water tests for customers. When they complained of aquarium fish with cloudy eyes, almost without exception I found the pH in their aquariums to be extremely low. Often, the pH was so low it tested off the chart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts