Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 215L tank with 6 boesemani, 12 tiger barbs, 6 corys and 2 (paired up) sajica cichlids. According to aqadvisor I am 89% stocked. Being a novice there's always room for another fish. I am thinking about getting a pair of Bolivian Rams to finish things off. My pH7.8, GH 9dH. Do you think they will be ok in terms of aggression and territories?

Thanks.

Adrian

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have just had Bolivian Rams for a short while. About 2 months. I have two males and they only show aggression towards each other. If you could even call it aggression. There might be a very brief chase of a couple of inches and that is it. No biting. They are housed with 10 Blue Rams. The Bolivians and the Blues completely ignore each other.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have two juvie Bolivian Rams as the centerpiece for my son's 56 gal tank. They seem to pretty much ignore the other fish and the tank is pretty heavily stocked. I would go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Squad Leader said:
I have two juvie Bolivian Rams as the centerpiece for my son's 56 gal tank. They seem to pretty much ignore the other fish and the tank is pretty heavily stocked. I would go for it.
It looks like my sajica is doing something. The female is digging furiously in one of the "caves". Hopefully she is trying to breed...

...which makes me wonder how they would cope with a pair of Bolivian Ram. Maybe I should wait and see what they do with their tank mate first.

Any coment welcomed.

Adrian

·
Registered
11 Posts
My water parameters are very similar to yours. I am at 90% on the aqadvisor. I think that you would wise to wait and see what comes of the Sajica's spawning attempt to add the Bolivians. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts