Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a Bristlenose Pleco to put in with my fry if that is safe to do. Looking for something to clean up the uneaten food off the bottom of the tank so I dont have to vac the bottom as much.

Does anyone know if a BN pleco would pose a threat to fry that are a couple weeks old? Was gonna wait but a LFS has them on sale for $2.99 until tomorrow and wanted to pick one up while they are half price.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear it cause I just got done acclimating a little male BN and dropped him in my 10g. Brought in 2 of my rejected labs and got him and a bottle of API Tap Water Conditioner for a $1. I was happy, really nice to have a good LFS guy in the area. Its a small shop but has a ton of stuff crammed in there! A little bit of everything.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he has been in there for 2 days now and havent even seen him look twice at my fry. They fry are only about 10 days old (since stripping at 21 days after spawn).

As for the left over food he seems to be taking care if it quite nicely. So far, so good. :fish:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts