Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know if its a good idea too add a blue dolphin to my tank. I have a 75G tank with 8 yellow labs in it right now. The labs are about 1 1/4 inches, and the blue dolphin i want too add is already 4-5 inches. Would this difference is size be a problem? i don't want the dolphin to kill any of my labs. Also I've been told that the dolphin's do better pair's, would a 75G be big enough for 2? what do you guys think? good idea or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think you will have problems mixing both, although I never mixed them. Maybe someone that had could jump in. I had a colony of 10 Blue Dolphins in an old 180g tank. My 2 Alpha males had 11" each, if not a little more... they were HUGE! Don't believe when people say they don't go past 9-10", they will. I never kept them in anything smaller than a six footer, but of course, you will find people that probably have kept/keep these fishes in smaller tanks. They are VERY slow growers, so for _now_ it may work...but they will require a bigger tank down the road to be really happy.
These are one of my favorite fishes, love them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have mine with a lot of smaller fish, i have had no issues with them. overall, i think that they are a very peaceful fish. right now my 6 inch male is with 2 inch red zebra and he doesn't look at them like they are food! maybe someday that will change, but right now nope!

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Agree if we are talking about the hap, this fish needs a bigger tank.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you decide to later on...I've got dolphins in with my labs and peacocks. The alpha male dolphin chases the other dolphins mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts