Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry to seem so blunt i was busy looking for what you had asked but could not find it anywere!!!
like said above huge wide sandy areas this species does best in groups aswell :wink: really timid species in comparison to most africans , if you wish to breed spawning stones arent a must but do help :wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
in the wild they tend to be in open sandy areas and they like to follow other big fish in the lake and as they sift through the sand for food, the dolphins stay very close and try to get anything that tries to get away.small crustations and the like.
i have a video of ad konings that i got off a friend that showed eating behaviors of cichlids in lake malawi.it was very interesting.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Göktuğ said:
Fogelhund said:
Funny, I look in Google and find several pictures in the wild. try Cyrtocara moori Konings On google image.
Thanks but ı m trying to find free videos on youtube etc.
Oh sorry, you asked for photos as well.

A quick search on youtube found video too..

·
Registered
87 Posts
that is a good video of them in the wild.albeit short.
but see how the dolphin follows the bigger fish in search of food.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have some videos of Malawi cichlids in the wild.
I don`t have any of the Moori but I do have the Phenochilus which is pretty close.
If you want me to send them to you just pm me your email address.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.