Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my blue dolphins is holding i have moved her to a separete tank but she has spit the eggs in the net will she pick them up again if not is there any thing i can do

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I was really hoping you would get an answer from someone with experience lol but here goes.
If she doesn't pick them up, you'll need to get them into a tumbler. You can buy tumblers but since time is important, something like a net with an airstone bubbler under it should work. The eggs need lots of oxygen and to keep moving.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
why-spyder and i were posting at the same time :oops:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Dewdrop said:
I was really hoping you would get an answer from someone with experience lol but here goes.
If she doesn't pick them up, you'll need to get them into a tumbler. You can buy tumblers but since time is important, something like a net with an airstone bubbler under it should work. The eggs need lots of oxygen and to keep moving.
This is a very good solution if you can swing it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks 4 the help i have put the eggs in a breeder net over an air stone. and i will buy an egg tumbler first thing in the mornning

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If she were in her own tank I would have put the eggs from the net, into the tank with her. Chances are, she would have picked them up within 30 minutes.

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
punman said:
If she were in her own tank I would have put the eggs from the net, into the tank with her. Chances are, she would have picked them up within 30 minutes.
This is often true with many other species, but Cyrtocara moorii are notorious for spitting eggs at the slightest bit of trouble and they usually don't pick them back up.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Joea said:
punman said:
This is often true with many other species, but Cyrtocara moorii are notorious for spitting eggs at the slightest bit of trouble and they usually don't pick them back up.
Maybe I was just lucky, but I have raised C moorii for three years and only had net spitting 15% of the time and usually they would pick back up even in a bucket with the eggs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts