Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, new user first time posting

I have a 30 gallon tank with 8 Blue Acara, one of them seems to be having swimming problems, it has its pelvic and anal fins tucked away, the back of its body is raised toward the surface, and it uses its pectoral fins to swim in a paddling motion, at times it'll be breathing heavily, and it hasn't eaten in two days

nitrate and nitrites are at zero, PH is 7.5, KH is 80, and CH is 60, no ammonia

I did a 20% water change three days ago, and another one two days before that

none of the other fish are experiencing any of these issues, I'm not sure if this is just bloating or some sort of parasite, as I got a couple plants just yesterday

·
Super Moderator
1,853 Posts
Welcome to C-F!!

Is this a new tank set up and if so how long has it been set up? The reason I ask is that you have zero nitrate which is unusual in a biologically cycled tank.

How long have you had these particular fish and is the one fish just now experiencing these problems?

Have you seen the feces/poop of any of the fish and if so, can you describe the color of it and the thickness?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah sorry for the misinformation and the long reply time, the nitrate is actually at 20ppm

I've had the fish and tank for nearly seven months now as I bought them both from my neighbor

The fish poop isn't white and stringy, though I haven't seen what the particular fish's poop is like, the ones I have seen are still the same brownish-orange as always

1 - 3 of 3 Posts