Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some RT Hongi and have noticed that they appear to have two black blotches right near their tails. I haven’t seen this in any photos of them. Are they sick or something, or are these markings normal and they’re just stressed out being recently moved or something?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
41,505 Posts
This is the right place, because if it is not just pigment, then the next question is what is wrong with my fish. I have not seen that, but I also don't keep hongi. I'll guess it is pigment, but let's see what others think who may have seen this before.

Reactions: Stoogie2

·
Administrator
41,505 Posts
IME the marks from fighting usually appear as white spots where scales have been knocked off. Are the spots on the hongi only? Are all the fish from the same family...parent-child-sibling? Do they get better or worse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IME the marks from fighting usually appear as white spots where scales have been knocked off. Are the spots on the hongi only? Are all the fish from the same family...parent-child-sibling? Do they get better or worse?
Yeah, just on the Hongi. I’m assuming they’re same family, I got them from the same person. They show up more when the barring shows on the fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts