Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
In Ohio when a well has been chlorinated due to repair work or 'germ killing", it is normal to open all the house taps until chlorine/bleach is smelled, close the taps then not use the water for 24 hrs. Then all taps are opened & water runs until chlorine/bleach smell is gone. After that, you should be able to drink, bathe, wash clothes & do water changes on your fish tank.

I do agree with Laurel about using a dechorinator though. It never hurts to be on the safe side.

If you have a water softener, I hope the tech. told you to bypass it. Bleach/chlorine is not good for the softener resin & will often render it useless. At least that is what my softener installer & well pump guy told me.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top