Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been building my cave gutter background. I've used vinyl gutters, ge 1 silicone window and door, black gravel and zip ties. So I'm looking to just touch up small interior holes I cut into the gutters, the inside is white and outside is brown with black gravel. What would be safe to use? It's too hard to try and get little gravel silicone in there, there's not enough surface to keep in on. Any type of marker or paint I could use? Any help would be great

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've been doing research seems as though krylon latex spray paint is safe, the stuff they use for patio furniture. Is this okay with silicone? My entire background was covered in silicone to attach gravel on even this large amount should be safe yes? In any case I'm letting this thing sit for a week after finishing before putting in water.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Spray paint wont stick to silicone. The paint will flake right off if anything barley brushed up against it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You might try to sprinkle and press in sand or small gravel that would resemble the rock work you are modeling on uncured silicone sealant thick enough that the sealant will not show. It should look much more natural than paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts