Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a little black spot on the dorsal fin of one of my acei about a week or so ago. Being new to aquariums, I didn't think much of it, just thought it was part of his/her coloring. Well, noticed today that it's got bigger and spread to his body. Also noticed the same thing happening to one of the other acei and one of the yellow labs. Not sure what is, googled black spots and came up with a parasite, but again still not sure. I did treat the aquarium with Parasite Clear, this evening (I probably should have come on here and asked first). Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here.

Here's a picture of the acei that has it on his fin and body (Just noticed when putting the circle on the picture, that he has the black spots all over him. Couldn't see them with the naked eye, but the camera picked them up):

Aquarium: 75Gal
Temp: 78.5 F
Ammonia: <.25
Nitrite: <.25
Nitrate: betwen 10 and 20ppm
No new additions or changes before I noticed the first black spot a couple weeks ago. Since then I added a couple nerite snails and bristlenose pleco.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very interesting thread! I have had these ink like spots come and go with no other ill symptoms. I have them on my acei as well. Maybe acei are more prone, because there was a lot of acei's mentioned. I will try to upgrade my food. Thanks for posting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts