Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a beginner at keeping cichlids I have had my tank set up for about 6 months now. I have not identified which types of cichlids. I have 10 cichlids, one cory cat, and a pleco. About a week or two ago I noticed some tiny black spots on a couple of my cichlids and a couple have some bigger black blotches on their scales. Is this some type of disease or is it nothing to worry about? I have them in a 30 gallon tank which I know is small but I am in the process of trying to find a bigger tank for them. I also exchange 25 percent of the water each week. I was feeding them Wardley flakes untill the pet store here in town discontinued it and I started feeding them Hikari pellets about 2-3 weeks ago and then I started noticing the black spots. The other day I went to a different town to buy more flake food for them and that is what I am feeding them now. I know this is alot to take in but like I said I am a beginner at this so any information or suggestions would be great! Thank you very much.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Can you post a picture of the spots? In the meantime, do an extra water change or two. With that many fish in a small tank, I'm not sure 25% each week is enough... Can you please post your water quality information- pH, NO3, NO3, NH3, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts