Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Community! I've been out of the hobby for 20years and just recently set up a Malawi tank. I stopped a LFS and picked up what I thought was two Red Rubin's as they were labeled. I didn't look too closely at the second one as they were both in a tank with other mates. I would appreciate any help identifying this guy! Thanks in advanced and this community has been instrumental in getting my tank and hobby jump started!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh really Fogelhund, what makes you think that? I've been out of the hobby for too long with all these hybrids and hormones and everything else I guess! lol

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
onewhoflew said:
Oh really Fogelhund, what makes you think that? I've been out of the hobby for too long with all these hybrids and hormones and everything else I guess! lol
The fins look too long, and exaggerated for a fish that size, is usually one of the tip offs. This fish isn't as extreme as some others, but it does show signs. They are often more colourful, at a smaller size than expected, and it wouldn't shock me, if this fish showed more colour in the store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Didn't really show any color in the store. I just didn't pay attention to the differences between the Red Rubin that was listed in there. Even though the two are completely different! Thanks for the info though! Now its just a waiting game to see who colors up and what colors I get with the rest of the fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts