Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a stupid question for the american members of this forum: do tank equipment, such as filter, lights, actual tanks, etc... usually go on sale for Black Friday?

As I am looking to buy stuff for the new tank and Black Friday is only a month away, if tank equipment goes typically on sale for Black Friday, I might wait until then to buy everything and save some money in the process. :D

Thanks a lot,
B.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
Sometimes they do but check now for those sales because I heard on the news they are starting early. Do be aware there is still a product shortage so not everything may be available.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was buying a lot of gear around this time last year, and I remember not seeing any compelling sales on anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still think Craigslist and Facebook marketplace are the best places to find tanks and gear. No idea about Black Friday.
I hear you about Craigslist and Facebook marketplace, but here in Canada, the choices are pretty limited, unfortunately, so I might not have a choice but to go retail. Although yesterday someone was selling a beautiful 120G tank with everything for dirt cheap, but it is a 6' 120G and not a 4' 120G and I can't fit a 6' tank. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was buying a lot of gear around this time last year, and I remember not seeing any compelling sales on anything.
Good to know. I know Black Friday can be hit and miss depending on the type of goods, so I thought I would ask just in case. I might keep on trolling Facebook marketplace and Kijiji (Craigslist equivalent in Canada).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts