Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I went away on two weeks holiday overseas and when I returned I noticed all decor in my tank is covered in a slight layer or black algae.. and had since gotten worse up to the point where I'm thinking of tanking my driftwood centrepiece out and pressure washing it.. what's the easiest way of getting rid of this??
Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Joey85 said:
Hey guys,
So I went away on two weeks holiday overseas and when I returned I noticed all decor in my tank is covered in a slight layer or black algae.. and had since gotten worse up to the point where I'm thinking of tanking my driftwood centrepiece out and pressure washing it.. what's the easiest way of getting rid of this??
Thanks
Turn off your light,or, if the tank is exposed to natural light from a window, close the curtains/blinds.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When my wife and I bought our house funny enough it 'came' with a fish tank (180g) as the previous owners knew we were fish lovers and I reckon they didn't wanna move it also haha but they didn't choose the best spot to put it in house between windows and impossible to move cos of its weight so recently for a temporary fix I've taped bits of cardboard to either side of the tank to ensure no light gets thru either side.. but I'm still thinking of pressure washing the wood as it looks dirty all the time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts