Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our 125 we have
1 Oscar,
1 Firemouth,
1 Female JD,
Pair of Sajica
BN Plec
And a Syno cat.

A friend of ours bought a JD as a wet pet for her 36" hoping for a female. Turns out its a male, and a stunning male at that. I'm interested in taking him as a mate for my female. But i'm not sure what fish to shuffle about, or even if its a good idea?

The only fish that i CANNOT get rid of is the Oscar. Suggestions guys please?
Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well until they pair up the only problem would be the male beating on the female. I have had the same setup in the past in my 125 with no issues. the jd's were around 5-6" fmwas 4" oscar was 7" one difference was i had rainbows not sajica. I would give it a shot with out any movement before i went and cause a bunch of caos in my tank. If there's any problems down the road and if you had room, a 55gallon would be great for a pair of jacks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typical, i get offered ANOTHER fish that i've been after for a while.

Its a FALSE red terror, Mayan Cichlid. I'm fairly certain i know what i'm about to be told, but its only about 2.5" right now. Would be the smallest fish in the tank bar the female Sajica.

Is this pushing it a bit?

·
Registered
228 Posts
you should be fine maybe down the road problems will arise

but id chance it in my 125 that sprung a leak i had

1 albino oscar 7 in
2 JD male and female 5in
1 fire mouth 4in
1 red jewel 4in
1 angel fish 3in
3 bala sharks 4in

so i think ur setup should work

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I agree. Throw both in and see how it goes. I think you will be fine.

...Bill

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a 125 gallon and I took out a breeding pair of JDs because they took half the tank.

I had a 9-10 inch Midas, a 8 inch Jag, and 6 inch jag and a pair of cons and they didn't dare venture over to the JDs nest. My JDs were a decent size though about 6-7 inches each.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i'm going to try the Mayan. The pair of Jacks will happen another time :)

TY guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts