Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after more than a year with my little lads, *** decided to find out what the proper bio mass is for my tank :thumb: lol

I have a 44g pentagon. I couldn't really give you the dimensions without some geometry but I'm sure you guys have seen it.

whisper 60 filter + eheim 2213 cannister, oscillating powerhead for the plants and water articulation. sand substrate, with many rocks siliconed up the back walls to resemble natural slate shelves.

I have 3 a.comps, 3 c.steppersi, 2 occies, 1 e.cyanostictus. 1 synodontis hybrid. + 2 tiny algae gobies( that are beast on algae) weight is just right? too much? more!?

I see natural behavior from all fish, sand sifters are breeding, shellies cover and uncover constantly, gobie bounces around, a.comps do a. comp things. No aggresion really.
Thank you guys in advance for any input.. :p

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Not sure what you're asking, really. Biomass isn't really a crucial measurement of stocking levels, unless you have so much waste output that it causes your bacteria culture to crash. I can tell you that you could likely triple/quadruple your current load without crashing that tank (slowly, of course). On the other hand, if you're not seeing any major aggression and everyone's getting along groovy, no reason to worry about it, either ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.